Beginning of the main content.
- Confirm your itinerary.
- On the "Passengers" screen, enter the passenger information. Make sure each passenger's name matches the name on the government-issued photo ID.
- You can provide a separate email address for each passenger. This will ensure that each passenger receives a copy of their boarding pass, and that they can access the entire booking and make changes if needed.
- Also enter the information of the main contact for the trip. The trip confirmation, trip receipt, boarding pass(es) and any other pertinent information regarding the trip will be sent to the main contact's email address.
- Review your Baggage allowance. You may bring an additional carry-on baggage depending on the type of travel. However, additional fees may apply depending on the selected fare.
- Next, proceed to the "Travel Options" step. Here you will be able to view the location of the seats that have been assigned to you based on your travel selections and to choose a different seat if you wish (additional fees may apply).
- Your total fare and transaction details will be shown at all times at the top of the booking page.
- Pay for your tickets online using a credit card, gift card or VIA Préférence points. If you wish to purchase your tickets using a debit card, the transaction must be made at the station.
- You will receive a confirmation email as soon as the transaction is successfully completed.
If the date or time of travel is not the same for all travellers, you will have to book separate tickets for each traveller.
Questions related to the same topic
Can I purchase a VIA Rail ticket at the station?
How far in advance can tickets be booked online?
Can I select or change my seat when booking a VIA Rail train trip?
What types of payment are accepted online?
Can I change or cancel my booking once it's completed?
I lost or accidentally deleted my ticket. What can I do?
How do I get a refund for my VIA Rail ticket?
Are VIA Rail tickets transferable?