Beginning of the main content.
Youth & student travellers
A safe way to travel
Enjoy some me-time
Ready to get moving again? With our complimentary Wi-Fi, you can study or relax to make the most of your ride.
Travelling safely doesn’t have to be pricey
Whether you’re travelling between school and home or going on a getaway, you’ll love our savings!
#Start travelling again
Get 6 low-cost, one-way trips along the Québec City–Windsor Corridor.
Preparing your trip should be painless!
We have the tools you need so you can focus on planning what to do at destination.
To ensure your safety and the safety of others, face masks are required for all passengers. Be sure to bring yours! Learn more about our preventive measures..
Subscribe to our train alert service and follow your train in real-time on our tracking map.
Get the most up-to-date information regarding our current train service.
snacks & drink
You can bring your own food on the train (but no alcohol!). For those who don't like to cook, we do have snacks and meals available to purchase.
Travel that feeds the soul
Looking for inspiration, want to study or you just want to relax? We've got you covered.
Built-in electrical outlets
Each seat has its own power outlet, so you can charge your devices at any time.
On board WI-FI
Browse, post and share all you want with our complimentary Wi-Fi.
Snacks & Drinks
Don't worry! Enjoy a great selection of light meals and refreshing beverages during your trip.
Travel options and ideas available at your destination.
Don’t just travel – have an experience
- Get out of your comfort zone and explore a new destination such as Burlington, where there are many fun things to do.
- On your next stop, treat yourself with a visit to one of Canada’s coolest record shops.
- Discover the heart ofEdmonton by checking out four hidden gems only locals know about.
- Come right this way for some delicious vegan treats, followed by an art walk in Toronto’s Junction neighbourhood..
- Escape the hustle and bustle of downtown by taking a day trip to Harrison Hot Springs with your plus-one.
- Explore Old Hull, Gatineau, and see the other side of the bridge.
VIA Préférence #Reward program
Start travelling for free
VIA Préférence members who travel aboard VIA Rail earn 1 point for every $1 spent. And you'll love this! VIA Préférence offers a Welcome Bonus of 500 points to all new members who spend $250 or more on VIA Rail travel within six months of registration.Earn points now