Beginning of the main content.Next tab will go to the map. Use this link to skip the station map.
Atlantic Canada h1>
Lighthouses and fishing villages, coastal trails and ocean views, charming cities with delicious seafood... Experience Atlantic Canada and its unique culture, history and views on an amazing train journey across Québec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
Pick your Route
Southern Québec and the Maritimes are waiting for you. Prepare to enjoy breathtaking views on the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Take the time to explore the regions of Bas-Saint-Laurent and Gaspesia, in Québec. Discover welcoming cities, lush countryside dotted with picturesque villages and breathtaking views from majestic cliffs to peaceful islands to grand lakes and salmon-filled rivers.
- Explore northern New Brunswick between the peaks of the Appalachians and the great tides of Fundy Bay. Discover dynamic cities surrounded by beaches, seaside boardwalks and coastal trails, and take the opportunity to learn about local traditions and legends.
- Fall under Nova Scotia's spell as you enjoy its magnificent landscapes and visit its cities laden with history. Make sure to see the view of the ocean from the top of coastal cliffs and then immerse yourself in a culture that blends Acadian and Celtic influences.
- Watch the great urban skylines turn into beautiful rural sceneries between Montréal and Rivière-du-Loup. Enjoy an impressive view on the Charlevoix hills, the Saint-Lawrence islands and picturesque villages including Notre-Dame-du-Portage, Cacouna and Kamouraska.
- Admire the landscapes around Rimouski, from the majestic cliffs of the Bic to the peaceful beaches of Saint-Barnabé Island. Get ready to watch some of the most spectacular sunsets in Québec, and to catch a glimpse of seals and birds hanging out on the rocks.
- As you enter Gaspesia, discover Mont-Joli's history, architecture and artistic richness through a walking tour of 20 murals in the town center.
- Get your fill of nature as you cross the Matapédia area, with its salmon rivers and vast lake overlooked by the Appalachian Moutains. If you love the great outdoors, this area is a destination of choice: hiking, kayaking, biking, scuba diving, skiing... There's an activity for every time of the year.
- Enjoy an incredible view on Restigouche River and Sugarloaf Mountain at Campbellton, the doorway to New Brunswick. Don't forget to say hello to Restigouche Sam, the largest salmon monument in the world!
- Discover Bathurst, a city surrounded by beaches, boardwalks and coastal trails on the shores of Chaleur Bay. Savour freshly caught seafood in one of the many restaurants, take a boat ride, visit Daly Point Nature Reserve or relax on Youghall Beach's golden sand.
- Get your fill of fishing stories and ancestral legends while enjoying Miramichi's festive atmosphere. Located by an internationally known salmon river, the city cultivates the art of storytelling and holds annual events featuring local folklore. Canada's Irish Festival on the Miramichi and Miramichi Folk Song Festival are among the most popular.
- Explore Moncton and its surroundings to discover some of the most renowned attractions in New Brunswick. Enjoy the city's many festivals and cultural events, observe the highest tides in the world in Fundy Bay, visit the spectacular Hopewell Rocks Park... And why not treat yourself to a delicious meal in Shediac, the lobster capital of the world?
Between Nova Scotia's capital city and the heart of New Brunswick, surrender to the charm of welcoming communities and enjoy breathtaking views on the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and Atlantic Ocean.
- Explore Halifax and make the most of its bustling cultural life, various gastronomic options, lush green spaces and proximity to the ocean. Visit distilleries and breweries, stop by the farmer's market to have a bite, become a soldier for one day at the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site or take a stroll on the four-kilometer-long waterfront boardwalk. Pro tip: for the best view of Halifax harbour, take a ride to Dartmouth aboard the oldest functional saltwater ferry in North America: you won't be disappointed.
- Discover Truro's historical city center, observe the local flora and fauna as you cross Colchester County and fill your eyes with spectacular sceneries along Cobequid Trail. You'll be in the perfect spot to watch the tidal bore that fills the rivers twice a day under the influence of Fundy Bay's high tides.
- Admire the Victorian architecture in the streets of Amherst and enjoy the attractions of this friendly city at the border between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Take the opportunity to discover the natural richness of its surroundings, from Trantramar salted marshes to Amherst Point bird sanctuary.
Find Your Next Destination
With more than 410 stations in eight provinces across Canada, we're ready to take you wherever you want to go. Whether you're planning a short getaway or a long trip, you're sure to find a journey you'll love!
Routes between Toronto and Vancouver
The wild beauty of northern Ontario, the awe-inspiring vastness of the Prairies and the stunning majesty of the Rocky Mountains: you can discover them all on a journey that will take you through some of the most breathtaking landscapes Canada has to offer.
Routes between Québec City and Windsor
Hop onboard, experience the comfort of the train including complimentary Wi-Fi, and relax as the scenery of southern Ontario and Québec roll by. Highlights include the shores of the Great Lakes and Saint Lawrence river, and vibrant, diverse urban centres including Toronto, Ottawa and Montréal.
Scenic Adventure Routes
Explore breathtaking landscapes
Experience the unique grandeur of Canada like never before with breathtaking voyages into the heart of the Canadian wilderness. Spectacular fauna, remarkable flora – no matter the season, you'll come away feeling refreshed and inspired.