Beginning of the main content.
Scenic Adventure Routes
Bask in the beauty of stunning landscapes and discover all the richness of Canada's wilderness in a one-of-a-kind train ride, as you travel through remote areas no roads can reach. From awe-inspiring mountains to dramatic cliffs, wide rivers and majestic forests, these scenic routes will carry you away.
Choose Your Adventure
Pick your route and get ready for a journey you won't forget through breathtaking sceneries.
The heart of the Prairies
On the way between Manitoba's capital city and the polar bear capital of the world, marvel at the magnificence of a subarctic region where the boreal forest meets the tundra.
No matter what time of the year you travel, there’s something to admire every step of the way:
- The lush land around Winnipeg, at the confluence of Rivière Rouge and Rivière Assiniboine
- The magnificent turquoise waters of Clearwater Lake near The Pas, also called "The gateway to the North"
- The majestic boreal forest surrounding Thompson - a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and home to the largest marina in Manitoba
- The rocky shores of Hudson Bay at Churchill where you can observe polar bears and belugas in their natural habitat
Be prepared: this journey will make you see the Prairies in a whole new (Northern) light.Explore this route
Jasper Prince Rupert
The grandeur of the West
Take a train ride between the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, and the spectacular Pacific Coast in British Columbia.
- Admire the impressive panorama of Jasper National Park, listed among UNESCO's world heritage sites. Marvel at sceneries featuring high peaks, cristalline lakes and impressive waterfalls.
- Enjoy the lushness of the rainforest and the majesty of the rivers around Prince George, and take the time to appreciate the rural urbanity of this city hub in Northern British Columbia.
- Explore the rugged landscapes of the northern Pacific shores at Prince Rupert, a destination of choice for boating, hiking and wildlife viewing. Wander on one of the many trails, set out for a one-day fishing trip, visit the Khutzeymateen Grizzly Sanctuary and learn more about Northern culture at the Museum of Northern BC.
A unique way to appreciate the splendor of western Canada, between land and sea.Explore this route
Sudbury White River
The untamed beauty of northern Ontario
Between the shores of Ramsay Lake and the natural richness of Ontario's northern townships, your journey will take you through wilderness areas full of lush, green forests, freshwater lakes and meandering rivers.
- Discover the unique terrain of the Sudbury region, with its craters and black rocks.
- Explore the sandy beaches, lakes and rocky hills around White River - a legendary railway town, and birthplace of the bear that inspired the character Winnie the Pooh.
If you're a nature (or literature) enthusiast, you're guaranteed to get your share of thrills.Explore this route
The richness of Québec landscapes
Between the European flair of the southern metropolis and the natural splendour of northern Abitibi, this train ride will take you through some of the most beautiful parts of Québec.
As you roll through different regions and watch the landscape transform, you'll experience a variety of sceneries:
- Rich, fertile fields and hilly countryside in the Saint-Lawrence Valley
- An abundant leafy tree forest in Mauricie's woodland area
- The thick conifer canopy of the boreal forest in Abitibi
- Imposing granite hills dotted with lakes and rivers around Senneterre
Keep your eyes peeled: you may catch a glimpse of a caribou, a black bear or even a moose on the way...Explore this route
An unforgettable panorama
Do you love the great outdoors? Get your fill of nature in the west of Québec, with a journey through a land surrounded by forests, rivers, waterfalls and hundreds of lakes.
Here's what you can expect on the way and at destination:
- Plenty of creeks, cliffs and open areas - the perfect opportunity to find a new fishing spot, bike path or hiking trail
- A good starting point to explore the majestic Saguenay fjord, surrounded by picturesque villages and unique natural landmarks
- Many camping, nautical activity and wildlife-watching options for families in search of an adventure-filled vacation
Pro tip: make sure to sample the locally grown blueberries and enjoy beer and spirits from regional micro-breweries and distilleries!Explore this route
Looking For Other Destinations?
With more than 410 stations in eight provinces across Canada, we're ready to take you wherever you want to go. Whether you're planning a short getaway or a long trip, you're sure to find a journey you'll lov
Routes between Toronto and Vancouver
The wild beauty of northern Ontario, the awe-inspiring vastness of the Prairies and the stunning majesty of the Rocky Mountains: you can discover them all on a journey that will take you through some of the most breathtaking landscapes Canada has to offer.
Routes between Québec City and Windsor
Hop onboard, experience the comfort of the train including complimentary Wi-Fi, and relax as the scenery of southern Ontario and Québec roll by. Highlights include the shores of the Great Lakes and Saint Lawrence river, and vibrant, diverse urban centres including Toronto, Ottawa and Montréal.
Routes between Montréal and Halifax.
Lighthouses and fishing villages, coastal trails and ocean views, laidback cities with delicious seafood: Experience Atlantic Canada and its unique culture, history and views on an amazing journey across Québec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.