Beginning of the main content.
Rail Policing Security
VIA Rail Police
- To deliver a professional, structured and comprehensive approach to the provision of security to VIA Rail’s passengers, employees and the public in general.
- To ensure the security of VIA Rail's customers and staff.
- Promoting confidence in using VIA Rail by providing a customer-focused and visible reassuring presence
- Supporting efficient passenger train operations through patrols in stations and on-board trains
- Preventing crime, terrorism and security incidents
- Safeguarding victims of crime, people in crisis, and those experiencing homelessness
- Enhancing operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Within the context of its mission and related activities, the VIA Rail Police Service will pursue its mandate through an open and collaborative approach.
Complaint Resolution Process
Any person may submit a complaint relative to the conduct of a member of VIA Rail’s Police Service in the exercise of his/her duties. The complaint must be submitted in writing and include the name, birth date, telephone number, mailing address and email address of the complainant.
The complainant must document the nature of the complaint, date, time, location of the incident and subject officer if known.
If you wish to file a complaint relative to the conduct of a member of VIA Rail’s Police Service, you may fill the form to submit electronically. If your complaint is not related to VIA Rail’s Police Service, please visit the "Contact us" page.
Alternatively, you may submit in writing by mail at:
VIA Rail Police Service
ATTN : Complaint Resolution Department
3 Place Ville Marie
Montréal, Québec H3B 2C9