Beginning of the main content.
VANCOUVER to EDMONTON
Discover our fares
Book now (This link opens a new window)
on the Vancouver - Edmonton route
Consult the schedules on the Vancouver - Edmonton routeStatutory holidays schedule
|Feature||Economy class||Sleeper Plus class|
|Comfortable reclining seat with table tray||Yes|
|Choice of a comfortable berth, a one-, two-, three- or four-person cabin, or a suite||Yes|
|Access to in-car shower||Yes|
|Food & beverages|
|Light meals, snacks, hot and cold refreshments and alcoholic beverages at affordable prices||Yes|
|All meals and non-alcoholic beverages included in the dining car||Yes|
|Complementary coffee, tea, fruit and cookies in the lounge cars||Yes|
|Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for sale||Yes||Yes|
|Baggage restriction service||Yes||Yes|
|Attendant and turndown service available||Yes|
|Station Lounge Access|
|Access to Vancouver lounge upon departure||Yes|
|On board Access|
|Access to the Skyline car||Yes||Yes|
|Scheduled access to the Prestige Park car (*peak season)||Yes|
|Unrestricted access to the Prestige Park car (off-peak season)||Yes|
*The type of equipment varies or is subject to availability.
|Economy car (This link opens a new window) Skyline car (This link opens a new window)||Dining car (This link opens a new window) Sleeper car (This link opens a new window) Skyline car (This link opens a new window)|
If you already booked, review your baggage allowance on your boarding pass or in the "Itinerary and receipt" email.
Please refer to our Baggage section for more details.
Light meals, snacks, hot and cold drinks and alcoholic beverages are always available for purchase in the Skyline car.
To enjoy an elegant ambience and gourmet meals served in the dining car, choose Sleeper Plus or Prestige class to have all meals included in the price of your ticket.
Rules regarding transporting, refrigerating and heating personal foods following recommendations from Transport Canada and Health Canada:
- Passengers in all classes of service do not have access to self-serve microwave ovens in any car.
- Passengers cannot bring their own food to refrigerate or heat up unless it is for medical reasons or severe allergies. The only exception is baby formula and baby foods. In these cases the employee will handle both refrigeration and heating. Foods must be kept in their own sealed containers to avoid possible cross contamination.
- Take-out attendants are responsible for heating all foods purchased at the take-out, including hot water.
- Passengers cannot use their own heating devices (portable microwave, kettle…). Electric or battery operated baby bottle heaters are the only exception.
- Passengers can travel with a small cooler with personal items and dry foods they can keep sealed in their accommodation or seat storage.
The Sleeper Plus class offers exclusive and privileged access to the departure Business lounges at Toronto, Winnipeg and Vancouver.
Free Wi-Fi is not offered on this train. It is available, however, at these stations: Vancouver, Jasper, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Toronto.
Please note that most sleeping cars on the Canadian were renovated. However, it may happen that not renovated sleeping cars are added to some train to meet demand or to replace cars scheduled for maintenance.
When you book multiple accommodations online, our automatic system selects cabins which may not be adjoining or in the same car. Our telephone sales office may be able to accommodate changes in cabin selection depending on availability . Please contact our telephone sales office at 1 888 VIA-RAIL (1 888 842-7245), TTY 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired) . We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.