About VIA Rail
Beginning of the main content.
Passenger cars - Panorama Dome car
Panorama Dome car
Acquired by VIA Rail in:
Number of units in fleet:
1720 to 1722
Did you know?
- This type of car is also known as the "Ultra Dome".
- The windows of this car are six feet wide and a six-and-a-half feet high.
- Also, the windows of this car absorb up to 62% of harmful solar rays.
- VIA Rail reserves the glass-domed car for Touring class passengers.
- Cars 1720-1722 previously carried the names Coastline, Cariboo, and Chilcotin.