HOW TO CONNECT
- Turn on your and connect to “VIA_WiFi_VIDEO”.
- Launch your web browser to (Open new window) www.viarailwifi.ca and accept the Terms & Conditions
- Enjoy a wide variety of Canadian programming!
- For a more enjoyable experience, and in respect of fellow passengers, please use a headset.
DAILY NEWSThe National
CBC.ca is Canada's Online Information Source. You can watch updated CBC News, Sports, Arts & Entertainment and Weather content.
- (read the video )The National
- (read the video )Arts and Entertainment
- read the video Business News Bulletin
- (read the video )Express News Bulletin
- (read the video )Sport News Bulletin
- (read the video )Weather
A hardened American gunslinger is repeatedly thwarted in his attempts to mount a showdown in a friendly town in Canada where no one seems to understand or appreciate the brutal code of the American Wild West.
- (read the video )Being Canadian
- read the video Cosmopolis
- (read the video )Gunless
- (read the video )The F Word
- (read the video )Upside Down
TV ShowsRepublic of Doyle
Catch Canada's most wanted Private Eye, Jake Doyle, as he teams with his father to solve cases, dodge punches and chase criminals.
- (read the video )22 Minutes
- read the video Artzooka
- (read the video )Cracked
- (read the video )Dragon’s Den
- (read the video )Fool Canada
- (read the video )Winnipeg Comedy Festival
- (read the video )Halifax Comedy Festival
- read the video Heartland
- (read the video )Mansbridge One on One
- (read the video )Marketplace
- (read the video )Mr.D
- (read the video )Murdoch Mysteries
- read the video Republic of Doyle
- (read the video )Schitt’s Creek
- (read the video )The Fifth Estate
- (read the video )When Calls The Heart
ANIMATION AND DOCUMENTARIESAutomania
This short animated film takes an amusing look at city dwellers' obsessive dependence on the automobile. Just as he does every morning, a man is preparing to jump into his car and head off to work when the remote control gizmo refuses to cooperate. Will he get to work on time?
- (read the video )75th Anniversary Collection (Neighbours, Log Driver’s Waltz, Flamenco at 5:15…)
- read the video Canadian Stories (Finding Farley, Hannah’s Story, Citizen Sam…)
- (read the video )International Stories (Being Caribou, Discordia, Almost Real…)
- (read the video )Kids Classics (The Dingles, The Cat Came Back, The Sweater…)
- (read the video )Portraits (William Shatner, Family Band, Congratulations, Mr. Levy…)
- (read the video )Unique Animation (Every Child, The Bit Snit, Arkelope…)
CANADIAN HERITAGEHeritage Minute: Terry Fox
Terry Fox inspires the nation with his Marathon of Hope, a cross-country run to raise money for cancer research.
- (read the video ) Heritage Minutes:
- (read the video )Sir John A Macdonald
- read the video Superman
- (read the video )Valour Road
- (read the video )Agnes MacPhail
- (read the video )Jackie Robinson
- (read the video )…and many more
- (read the video )History Matters:
- read the video The Empress of Ireland
- (read the video )The Bralorne Traveller
- (read the video )The Last Beluga Fisherman
- (read the video )The R-100 Airship
- (read the video )The Last Spike
- (read the video )…and many more
Note: VIA currently provides Wi-Fi mobile service only in the Québec City –Windsor corridor. “Good” to “very good” signal strength is offered within more than 98% of the coverage area determined by our mobile partners. Users may experience weaker signal strength in the Trenton-Cobourg, Chatham-Kent and Hyde Park (London) regions of Ontario. To ensure more reliable service and better performance for all users, VIA reserves the right to limit bandwidth use and deny access to certain web sites, including certain video streaming sites.
For assistance, please contact our service provider at 1 866 905-6784 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To check if Wi-Fi is available on board your train, call 1 888 VIA-RAIL (1 888 842-7245) or (TTY) 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired).
Please note that wireless Internet is not available on the following trains:
- Trains 97 and 98 (Toronto – Niagara Falls – New York)
Travellers in all classes of service may benefit from our complimentary Wi-Fi service in many of our Québec City-Windsor corridor stations and in our exclusive pre-boarding Business lounges:
- Québec City*
* Stations with Business lounges.
** Wi-Fi only available in Business Lounge.
Complimentary Wi-Fi access is also available in the following stations throughout our network:
How do I know if my laptop or handheld device is Wi-Fi enabled?
Verify if you have an icon for a wireless card in the “Start” menu. Click on the icon to check if your wireless card is enabled. If the wireless card is not enabled, you must activate it.
How do I begin a session?
Turn on your laptop and launch your web browser. A portal box will automatically appear where you will be able to Select your preferred language.. Once your language selected, you will be able to set your SSID (service set identifier) to “VIA_WiFi_VIDEO” or to “VIA_Station”.
Can I connect to my VPN (virtual private network)?
The service does support a number, but not all, VPN's (Virtual Private Networks). If your VPN is not supported, then please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
What is the best way to use the VIA Rail wireless Internet service?
It's always best to start your browsing through a non-secure or private web site, such as our own at viarail.ca.
I launched my browser, but the portal did not launch. What happened?
If you do not see the portal, you may need to set your SSID to “VIA_WiFi_VIDEO” while on board, or “VIA_Station” when in the station. If it still does not respond, make sure that your computer or compatible handheld device is compliant with the standard 802.11b/g/n (backwards compatible) norm.
I started my session from Standby (or Sleep) and the portal did not launch. What do I do?
Simply re-boot your system and try again.
Why did my session end abruptly?
You might have closed the pop-under window that opened when you logged on (closing this window temporarily or permanently terminates the session). You might also have switched trains or disembarked. In this case, re-boot, then re-enter your user name and password.
For technical support or additional information, please call 1 866 905-6784, anytime.