Give the gift of travel!
Share the stunning scenery, exceptional service and relaxing ambience of train travel with someone you love.
VIA Rail offers gift cards for every budget, available at the following locations:
- VIA Rail train stations
- Participating retailers across Canada:
Choose from fixed-amount cards of $25 or $100 available in train stations and at select retailers.
Or, choose a Flex option gift card (available in VIA train stations only), which allows you to predefine the purchase amount.
Gift cards can be redeemed for tickets, rail passes, or put towards spoiling yourself or someone special with an upgrade.
A Green Choice
- An environmentally friendly gift.
- VIA Rail Canada provides a responsible and ecological transportation choice.
- By choosing VIA Rail gift cards, you are making a decision that reduces the environmental impact of your travel.
How to buy a gift card
- Purchase your gift card at the ticket counter in our train stations or at participating retailers.
Flex cards, purchased in the amount of your choice, are only available at VIA Rail
How to redeem a gift card
- Present your gift card at a VIA Rail train station ticket counter to buy train tickets for travel to any VIA destination across Canada, or to purchase travel passes, which offer guaranteed savings throughout the country.
- Gift cards are not valid for purchases made online or on board the train.
How to check the balance of your gift card
Once the gift card is activated, you can check the balance of the card online or by calling
1 888 VIA RAIL (1 888 842-7245). You will be asked to quote or enter the 20-digit serial number appearing on the gift card. When checking the balance on your gift card, please note it may take more than 1 minute for the page to load.
- Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced.
- Unused funds on the gift card will not be reimbursed.
- Gift cards have no expiry date.