VIA 6 PAK (for youth 12 to 25)
VIA 6 Pak
Who is it for?
The VIA 6 pak was created for youth and students. If you’re age 12‒25, or 26+ and have an ISIC card, then this pass is for you.
Where can you go?
Get out and about between two regions in the Québec City–Windsor corridor or travel on board The Ocean across Montréal, Moncton and Halifax.
Which class and fare can you book?
Grab a hold of 6 one-way tickets in Economy class between 2 predetermined cities, and get on your way.
What is it?
A pass that includes 6 one-way tickets between two pre-determined stations for up to 50% off regular Economy fares.
Why choose it?
If you’re homesick be ready with 6 one-way tickets for travel between school and home. It’s the perfect way to get a regular dose of TLC.
Choose a city and get going.
For those occasional trips
You want to travel, but don’t know when? Grab a hold of the VIA 6 pak and decide on the fly.
- The VIA 6 pak includes 6 credits. Each credit is exchangeable for a one-way trip in Economy class for travel between two pre-determined stations in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and, on board the Ocean between Montréal, Moncton and Halifax.
- Each 6 pak is valid for travel within one year from the date that you specify when purchasing.
- The number of seats available to Economy 6 pak users is limited.
- Each 6 pak credit is non-transferable and is only valid for travel by the person in whose name the 6 pak has been issued. Verification is automated and the first and last names of the passenger travelling must match the first and last names given at the time of purchase of the 6 pak.
- At time of purchase and when using your VIA 6 pak, valid proof of age with photo for those 12 to 25 years old is required and must be presented to VIA personnel upon request. A valid ISIC card will be accepted for those 26 years old and older.
A VIA 6 pak is refundable and exchangeable, less a $50 service charge (plus applicable taxes), provided:
- it has not expired;
- no trips have been made using it; and
- no tickets booked using it have been cancelled after the applicable train’s scheduled departure.
Once a trip has been made, or a ticket using the VIA 6 pak has been cancelled after the train’s scheduled departure, it becomes completely non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Tickets booked using a VIA 6 pak may be cancelled at any time prior to the scheduled departure of the train. They are credited to the VIA 6 pak for future use within the validity period of the VIA 6 pak. The VIA 6 pak will not be credited for tickets that are cancelled after the scheduled departure of the train. In this case, the credit is forfeited and cannot be used again.
Tickets issued using a VIA 6 pak can be exchanged subject to the following conditions:
- For travel on the same date but on board a different train, tickets must be exchanged prior to the scheduled departure time of the original train and the new ticket must also be booked in the applicable booking fare family class in keeping with the selected 6 pak.
- For travel using an Economy VIA 6 pak on a different date than the original booking, the new ticket must also be booked in the “Economy” fare class. Please note that your initial booking must be cancelled prior to the departure time of the train.
- Remaining credits (unused) at the expiration date of the 6 pak are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Your 6 pak credits are automatically tracked. No voucher or other document is required for exchange at time of ticket issuance.
- The 6 pak credits cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Upgrades to other classes of service are not permitted.
- Other conditions may apply.
Advantages and perks
Browse, post and share all you want!
Stay plugged in
Need to keep that computer or phone going? No worries, we’ve got them covered.
Track your trip
Get instant access to your train status, boarding pass and schedule with the VIA Rail mobile app. Talk about practical!
We’re upping your baggage limit. Until September 20, you’ll have the right to 2 bags (18 kg or 40 lb. each).