VIA 6 PAK (for youth 12 to 25)
8 FOR 6: ENJOY MORE GETAWAYS THIS SUMMER!
Until May 31, 2013 inclusive, we’re giving you an 8 pak for a 6 pak. That means you’ll get 8 one-way trips when you buy a VIA 6 pak for travel between two pre-determined stations in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and on board the Ocean between Montréal, Moncton and Halifax.
You’re the perfect age to save.
The VIA 6 pak (6 one-way tickets) is a package offered to young people between 12 and 25 so they can travel on a budget in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and on board the Ocean between Montréal, Moncton and Halifax.
VIA Rail offers you a choice of two types of VIA 6 pak:
1. The VIA Supersaver 6 pak offers you savings of up to 50% on the adult regular fare for 6 one-way trips (3 round trips) between two pre-determined stations on the VIA Rail network. Availability of seats is limited.
2. The VIA Discounted 6 pak allows you to save up to 40% on the adult regular fare with the purchase of 6 one-way trips between two pre-determined stations on the VIA network. Pak holders have access to more available seats than the Supersaver 6 pak.
The VIA 6 pak for travel on board the Ocean between Montréal, Moncton and Halifax.
Need to get to Halifax for school, to see family or simply to fulfill your dream of seeing the sea? VIA offers you the VIA 6 pak for travel on board the Ocean:
6 one-way trips, valid for one year, for travel between Montréal and Halifax, between Montréal and Moncton or between Moncton and Halifax. The VIA 6 pak is available at both the Discounted and the Supersaver fares.
You no longer have to show an ISIC card to purchase your VIA 6 pak! However, please note that the ISIC card will be accepted for the purchase of a 6 pak by those aged 26 and over (or until your 6 pak credits expire or are used).
Create a profile or update your existing profile to benefit from the youth fare.
- In order to ensure that you get the best available youth fares, select “Youth” as the passenger type in the “Passenger Information” section when creating a new profile or editing your existing profile.
- Create a profile or edit your existing profile.
- Buy a VIA 6 pak, which includes 6 credits, and get 2 additional credits for free.
- Bookings must be made between Friday, May 3, 2013 and Friday, May 31, 2013 inclusive.
- Each 6 pak is valid for travel within one year from the effective date that you choose when you purchase.
- Each credit is valid for a one-way trip in Economy class between two pre-determined stations (or points between, in either direction).
- The special 8 pak for 6 pak is valid for travel in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and on the OceanMC.
CLASS OF SERVICE:
- Economy class
- The number of seats available to Supersaver 6 pak users and Discounted 6 pak users is limited. (More seats are available for Discounted 6 pak users than for Supersaver 6 pak users on each train.)
HOW TO BUY:
- How to buy online:
- Select the “Passes” tab, then “VIA 6 pak” and “Buy your 8 pak for a 6 pak now”.
- Follow the instructions in the new window that pops up.
- How to book directly with a VIA telephone sales office or with VIA agents at a station:
- When booking directly with a VIA telephone sales office or at a VIA station, advise the agent that you are requesting the 6 pak special offer.
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS:
- Each 6 pak credit is non-transferable and is only valid for travel by the person in whose name the 6 pak has been issued. Verification is automated, and the first and last names of the passenger travelling must match the first and last names given at the time of purchase of the 6 pak.
- A VIA 6 pak is refundable and exchangeable, less a $50 service charge (plus applicable taxes), provided:
- it has not expired;
- no trips have been made using it; and
- no tickets booked using it have been cancelled after the applicable train’s scheduled departure.
- Once a trip has been made, or a ticket using the VIA 6 pak has been cancelled after the train’s scheduled departure, it becomes completely non-refundable and non-exchangeable, even if an electronic ticket has not been sent or the paper ticket has not been printed.
- Tickets booked using a VIA 6 pak may be cancelled at any time prior to the scheduled departure of the train. They are credited to the VIA 6 pak for future use within the validity period of the VIA 6 pak. The VIA 6 pak will not be credited for tickets that are cancelled after the scheduled departure of the train. In this case, the credit is forfeited and cannot be used again.
- Remaining credits (unused) at the expiration date of the 6 pak are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Valid for youth 12–25 inclusive or 26+ with valid ISIC card. Passengers may be required to present photo identification showing age or their ISIC card at any time by VIA personnel.
- This offer does not apply to group travel, tickets issued with VIA Préférence reward points, and to rail passes or tickets issued using a rail pass.
- Fares, discounts, conditions and schedules may change without prior notice.
- Other conditions, including minimum fares, may apply.
- This offer is applicable to new 6 pak purchases only.
How to exchange an existing booking
- If you have a boarding pass for a VIA 6 pak, login to your profile and cancel your original booking, and then make a new booking for your desired train and departure time. It is recommended that you ensure space in the applicable fare class is available on the desired departure prior to cancelling your original booking.
If you have a paper ticket for a VIA 6 pak issued by a VIA Rail station, please contact VIA directly at 1 888 VIA-RAIL
(1 888 842-7245) or TTY 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired) or go to any VIA station to make the changes in person with a VIA agent. Your ticket must be exchanged prior to the scheduled departure time of the train on your original booking.