Discount Card Here
Offer extended until October 13! You’ll be able to tell your parents “Here I come!” when you get sick of music blaring until 4 a.m.
The new VIA Rail 20/20 Discount Card is perfect for relaxing trips to your parents’ place. For $20, you can save up to 20% on Economy and Economy Plus fares and 10% on Escape fares. No stress—it’s valid for one year, but you have to get it before October 13.
You must also be between 12 and 25 years old or 26 and over with an ISIC card. Of course, you should read the conditions below.
Questions about baggage? Click here.
Become a member of the VIA Préférence reward program. Receive a welcome bonus of 500 points when you spend $250 within six months of joining. More points mean more free trips fast.
VIA 6 pak O.K.
Your boyfriend or girlfriend, or your parents, might get tired of only seeing you on a screen. Say “OK” and go see them.
With the VIA 6 pak, you’ll have ample flexibility to decide when you want to head home. When you buy six one-way trips in Economy class between the same two stations (three round trips), you can save up to 50% on Economy fares.
The VIA 6 pak is available anytime for students between 12 and 25 years old or 26 and over with an ISIC card.
Perhaps you’re finally going to visit your parents because sharing a bathroom with three other people stops being fun and bohemian after a while.
VIA’s youth fare gets you 10% off your ticket price.
That’s 10% off anytime, 10% off on Economy Plus, Sleeper or Sleeper Plus fares.
That’s 10% off to have access to a clean bathroom and your parents’ unconditional love. 10% in your pocket—not bad!
If you are a student and between 12 and 25 years old or 26 and over with an ISIC card and you want to benefit from the youth fare, you must create a new profile and and select “Youth” as the passenger type. If you already have your profile, update it here.
fare On my way!
You’ll be down for a change of scenery when your roommate has her twentieth existential crisis.
The Escape fare always offers the lowest possible VIA Rail prices.
*Since you have Wi-Fi access on board, you can study, text, or surf the Web. You can also just relax, chat, do nothing, look out the window, sleep and maybe end up drooling on your neighbour (or against the window).
*To benefit from the youth fare, you must create a new profile and and select “Youth” as the passenger type. If you already have your profile, update it here.
*At the beginning (from August 23 to September 6) and end of the semester (from December 6 to 20), you can bring more baggage: two 18 kg (40 lb) articles. When you head off to school, you can bring 36 kg of clothes and dishware. When you go home for vacation, it’ll be 36 kg of dirty laundry, dishware that needs washing, and perhaps a new girlfriend or boyfriend.
*You’re mostly going home to eat, but if you happen to get hungry en route there’s always the bar and light meal service.
CONDITIONS FOR THE 20/20 DISCOUNT CARD
The 20/20 Discount Card for youth can be purchased for $20. It gives 20% off on Economy and Economy Plus fares and 10% off on Escape fares.
CLASS OF SERVICE:
- The 20/20 Discount Card for youth can be used for discounts in Economy class only.
- The 20/20 Discount Card for youth is valid for 1 year from the purchase date.
CARD PURCHASE PERIOD:
- The 20/20 Discount Card for youth can be purchased between August 12, 2014 and October 13, 2014.
- Available on the VIA Rail network.
Minimum fares after discount are applicable as per fare category conditions.
EXCHANGES & REFUNDS:
Tickets are refundable and exchangeable as per fare category conditions.
Each trip booked using a 20/20 Discount Card for youth is non-transferable and is only valid for travel by the person in whose name the 20/20 Discount Card for youth has been issued. Verification is automated, and the first and last names of the travelling passenger must match the first and last names given at the time the 20/20 Discount Card for youth was purchased.
- At time of purchase and when using your 20/20 Discount Card for youth, valid government-issued proof of age identification with photo for those 12 to 25 years old is required and must be presented to VIA personnel upon request. A valid ISIC card will be accepted for those aged 26 years and older.
- Failure to show required identification on the train will result in a penalty: full fare to be paid in the train.
- The 20/20 Discount Card’s discount applies to prices advertised on the website only. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, discount or promotional offer.
- Fares, discounts, conditions and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- This offer is available on new bookings only.
- This offer does not apply to group travels or tickets issued by tour operators.
- Other conditions may apply.
HOW TO PURCHASE THE 20/20 DISCOUNT CARD
- Create a profile or log in to your existing account.
- Go to Rail Passes and Discount Card and select Discount Card for youth.
- Follow the steps and a serial number will be generated.
- An e-mail confirming the purchase and serial number will automatically be sent to you.
HOW TO BOOK ONLINE
- Log in to your profile or create one prior to booking.
- Book your ticket for travel within the valid period for the “Youth” passenger type.
- Travel using a 20/20 Discount Card for youth may be booked in any Escape, Economy and Economy Plus class fares.
- On the “Passenger’s Information” screen, select “Rail pass” as the “Discount Type” and enter the serial number of your 20/20 Discount Card for youth in the “Serial Number” field.
- If your trip meets the conditions of your 20/20 Discount Card for youth, your discount will be applied on the regular fare.