Travel more without paying more. I’m in. Are you?
Summer is almost here! Plan an adventure vacation, enjoy the festivals, or join up with your family and just let the days pass lazily by. For even more freedom, young people between 12 and 25 can get an 8 pak for the price of a 6 pak, valid for travel between two pre-determined stations in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and on board the Ocean between Montréal, Moncton and Halifax.
But hurry – this offer ends May 31, 2013.
For details on 6 pak packages, click here.
- Buy a VIA 6 pak, which includes 6 credits, and get 2 additional credits for free.
- Bookings must be made between Friday, May 3, 2013 and Friday, May 31, 2013 inclusive.
- Each 6 pak is valid for travel within one year from the effective date that you choose when you purchase.
- Each credit is valid for a one-way trip in Economy class between two pre-determined stations (or points between, in either direction).
- The special 8 pak for 6 pak is valid for travel in the Québec City – Windsor corridor and on the OceanMC.
CLASS OF SERVICE:
- Economy class
- The number of seats available to Supersaver 6 pak users and Discounted 6 pak users is limited. (More seats are available for Discounted 6 pak users than for Supersaver 6 pak users on each train.)
HOW TO BUY:
- How to buy online:
- Select the “Passes” tab, then “VIA 6 pak” and “Buy your 8 pak for a 6 pak now”.
- Follow the instructions in the new window that pops up.
- How to book directly with a VIA telephone sales office or with VIA agents at a station:
- When booking directly with a VIA telephone sales office or at a VIA station, advise the agent that you are requesting the 6 pak special offer.
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS:
- Each 6 pak credit is non-transferable and is only valid for travel by the person in whose name the 6 pak has been issued. Verification is automated, and the first and last names of the passenger travelling must match the first and last names given at the time of purchase of the 6 pak.
- A VIA 6 pak is refundable and exchangeable, less a $50 service charge (plus applicable taxes), provided:
- it has not expired;
- no trips have been made using it; and
- no tickets booked using it have been cancelled after the applicable train’s scheduled departure.
- Once a trip has been made, or a ticket using the VIA 6 pak has been cancelled after the train’s scheduled departure, it becomes completely non-refundable and non-exchangeable, even if an electronic ticket has not been sent or the paper ticket has not been printed.
- Tickets booked using a VIA 6 pak may be cancelled at any time prior to the scheduled departure of the train. They are credited to the VIA 6 pak for future use within the validity period of the VIA 6 pak. The VIA 6 pak will not be credited for tickets that are cancelled after the scheduled departure of the train. In this case, the credit is forfeited and cannot be used again.
- Remaining credits (unused) at the expiration date of the 6 pak are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Valid for youth 12–25 inclusive or 26+ with valid ISIC card. Passengers may be required to present photo identification showing age or their ISIC card at any time by VIA personnel.
- This offer does not apply to group travel, tickets issued with VIA Préférence reward points, and to rail passes or tickets issued using a rail pass.
- Fares, discounts, conditions and schedules may change without prior notice.
- Other conditions, including minimum fares, may apply.
- This offer is applicable to new 6 pak purchases only.
Discover our Escape fare.
Offered exclusively online, it’s our absolutely lowest fare. Plus, in the Québec City – Windsor corridor, it allows you to take advantage of:
- Cellphone use anytime you like
- Free Wi-Fi access*
- Downtown-to-downtown service**
|Toronto – Montréal||$39†|
|Toronto – Ottawa||$39†|
|Toronto – London||$29†|
|Toronto – Windsor||$39†|
|Toronto – Kingston||$37†|
|Ottawa – Montréal||$29†|
|Ottawa – Québec City||$49†|
|Montréal – Québec City||$29†|
* Available on most trains.
** In most cases. The Ottawa station is located 6 km away from downtown.
†One-way Escape fare in Economy class. Taxes not included. This fare is only offered online. The number of seats is limited. Fares may vary based on selected day of week and time of departure.
Fares, discounts, conditions and schedules may be modified without notice, and the fares above are for certain departures only.
Travel light, travel better.
VIA has implemented its carry-on baggage policy. It’s important you make sure your baggage doesn’t exceed size and weight restrictions.
CONDITIONS – ESCAPE FARE
Available for certain trains on the following routes:
- Montréal – Québec City
- Montréal – Ottawa
- Montréal – Toronto
- Toronto – Ottawa
- Toronto – London
- Toronto – Windsor
- Only online at viarail.ca.
- Payment is required when booking.
- The ticket is non-exchangeable.
- Changes in date or train are not permitted.
- The ticket is non-refundable.
- Upgrades are not permitted.
- One stop-over is permitted at no extra charge.
- The number of seats is limited.