Personal Travel Fare offered to members of the Canadian Armed Forces, veterans, and National Defence civilian personnel
Thank you to the Canadian military! To show our support and gratitude for the men and women that serve our country with dedication, VIA Rail is offering our military and DND personnel across-the-board savings on train travel in Canada
25% discount on adult, senior, student, youth and child fares in all classes and on all trains for qualifying CAF and DND members and their immediate families!
VIA Rail is offering a 25% discount on all classes (excluding Prestige class, Discount Tuesday and Sleeper class fare) for one-way or roundtrip travel on board any VIA Rail train in Canada for qualifying DND members. And the good news is, immediate family members travelling in the same class with you will also enjoy a 25% discount!
How to buy:
- Log in to your profile or create one prior to booking.
- Book your one-way or round trip ticket in your preferred class and fare (excluding on Prestige Class or Discount Tuesday Sleepers Fares).
- On the “Passenger Information” screen, select "Corporate Rate" as the Discount Type, and enter "12070" as the Discount Code. No serial number is required.
- The price of the ticket will be adjusted automatically if the trip meets all of the conditions of this fare plan.
How to book by telephone or at a VIA station:
Advise the VIA agent that you wish to use discount code “12070” prior to the agent booking your travel.
Conditions of the “25% discount” offer for qualifying CAF and DND members & their families
Offered to Canadian Forces members and veterans. Civilian employees must present their CFOne cards.
The offer is valid for any passenger 18 years of age or older who has at least one of the following forms of identification plus, if needed, one additional piece of photo identification:
o DND ID card for National Defence (NDI 20)
o Record of Service Card (NDI 75)
o Any Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Benefit Card (Please contact Veterans Affairs Canada at 613 992-7470 in Ottawa to obtain the required identification to qualify for this offer.)
o Discharge Certificate from any branch of the Canadian Military
o Statement of Service from any branch of the Canadian Military
o Certificate of Service (CF 54 or CF 75) from any branch of the Canadian
o Valid DND Temporary ID card (NDI 10).
o Canadian Forces or Former member CFOne card (with photo ID).
- Up to a maximum of five (5) family members* travelling on the same train, on the same dates and in the same classes of service as the qualifying member may benefit from this offer.
- The qualifying member must present specified identification at any time upon request by a VIA employee.
- The offer is applicable to new bookings made as of November 1, 2010.
- Tickets must be purchased according to the conditions and restrictions of the fare plan to which the additional 25% discount is applied.
- The offer is valid for travel commencing as of November 1, 2010.
- The offer is valid on all VIA trains and between all VIA stations in Canada (excluding Prestige class, Discount Tuesday and Sleeper class fares).
The offer is valid in all classes (excluding Prestige class, Discount Tuesday and Sleeper class fares).
Refunds and exchanges:
- Bookings are subject to the conditions and restrictions of the fare plan to which the additional 25% discount is applied.
- Refunds and exchanges for qualifying members' tickets will only be processed if companion tickets issued with it are processed at the same time.
- The offer cannot be combined with any other fare or discount that requires a discount code to qualify. Cannot be combined with Prestige class, Discount Tuesday Sleeper class fares or Escape fares. Cannot be combined with tickets issued using a rail pass or employee rail pass, VIA Préférence reward tickets, group or charter fares, or tickets issued by a tour operator.
- Tickets must be booked in advance of travel. The offer is not applicable to tickets purchased on board a VIA train.
- Minimum fares after the application of the discount and other conditions may apply.
- Offer is subject to change without notice.