Tracks | Ontario and Québec
VIA is implementing major track and signal improvements at key locations on the Kingston Subdivision, part of the busy Ottawa-Toronto and Montreal – Toronto routes. Many of these improvements affect trip experience and increase capacity for passenger train frequencies on those tracks.
- 41 miles of new third mainline track built in three sections
- other yard and siding improvements to increase capacity and reliability for VIA passenger trains
- signal, structural, grading and drainage work
- upgrades to many public, farm and private crossings signalized automatic warning systems that enhance safety
- this project is being executed in conjunction with major station improvements on the Kingston Subdivision that carry with them the same objective – increased capacity