Beginning of the main content.
Where can I find information about connecting rail, bus or ferry services?
We have put together the timetables, contact information and web site links of companies offering travel options to - or from - the numerous cities and towns connected to VIA's national network.
Do you have connections with Toronto GO trains?
If you wish to connect from your VIA train to certain GO train services, please be aware that:
- Connections are offered at Toronto Union Station only and tickets are not issued for services between two line-stations on the GO train.
- The term "connection" does not mean one direction of a round trip.
- The services covered under this agreement are as follows:
- GO Transit Lakeshore East rail services (serving Toronto Union Station-Oshawa inclusive)
- GO Transit Lakeshore West rail services (serving Toronto Union Station-Hamilton inclusive)
- GO Transit Georgetown rail services (serving Toronto Union Station-Georgetown inclusive)
- GO Transit's services operate on an honour fare system and for this reason, tickets issued by VIA Rail Canada for travel aboard GO trains are completely non-refundable and non-exchangeable without exception.
- No discount is offered for VIA passengers travelling on any kind of railway employee pass such as VIA/CN/CP passes, pass-type product, or other such products. These passengers wishing to purchase connecting travel on GO trains may do so, however, applicable fares apply.