Beginning of the main content.
Be informed of our arrivals and departures
Subscribe to the train alert service
By subscribing to the VIA Train-Alert Service, you will receive notifications of your VIA train’s status, service disruption or delay by email or SMS (text message)
Follow your train in real time
Select your train, see its speed and track its location. The new train location tracking map gives you train statuses and estimates of arrival times for every VIA Rail train across Canada
Pay on board in a whole new way
Starting October 29, 2019, only regular and prepaid credit cards (AMEX, Visa and Mastercard) and VIA Rail gift cards will be accepted as methods of payment on board.
QUESTIONS REGARDING SUMMER 2019 INFRASTRUCTURE WORKS & IMPROVEMENTS
In Canada, the window of opportunity to perform infrastructure works and improvements is limited due to the weather. As a result, all infrastructure owners planned their major work blocks within the same period.
Beginning Summer 2019, Metrolinx and our infrastructure owner, CN, will be starting infrastructure upgrades at several locations on VIA Rail’s network. This work block should be limited to the Québec City-Windsor corridor.
Construction should happen during summer 2019. These dates could however be subject to revision or adjustment as necessary.
For Summer 2019, there will be three work blocks.
- Bridge rehabilitation project at Danforth, performed by Metrolinx, starting summer 2019 and will be taking place during weekends.
- Infrastructure upgrade performed by CN between August 2 and August 21, 2019 at the Hamilton Junction.
- Infrastructure upgrade performed by CN between August 21 and September 3, 2019 between Kings and Grafton.
Please note that dates can be subject to changes and revision.
Infrastructure upgrade and rehabilitation works can have an impact on train schedules in the Québec City-Windsor corridor. Depending on the work block, up to 30 minutes delays can be expected and some trains could be terminated at an earlier station.
As part of the booking process, passengers are registered to our Train-Alert Service, which will send you notifications by email if the departure of your train is delayed. Passengers will be notified and updated of any impact on their trip before booking and before their departure. Please make sure that a distinct email address per passenger is provided.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this situation may cause.
To stay informed on your train status you can:
- Use the tools above to check your train status or follow your train in real time using the tracking map
- Use our mobile app
- Sign-up to receive SMS or email alerts when booking your reservation
- Contact our VIA Customer Center at 1-888-VIA-RAIL (1-888-842-7245), TTY 800-268-9503 (hearing impaired).