Beginning of the main content.
Leisure PassFor travellers who seek frequent getaways
FeaturesNumber of Trips
6 travel credits (one-way trips).
All travel must be completed by June 30, 2022.Class of Service and Fares
Select the Escape fare, in Economy class.
Tip: Book your trips in advance so you can choose your ideal departure time.Benefits
Travel to more destinations: Travel to and from any city within your selected zone.
Upgrade to Business class: Get a 25% discount if you wish to upgrade to Business class, on a trip-by-trip basis.
Access to popular departures: If the Escape fare is sold out on your preferred train, get a 50% discount on the Economy fare.
How does it work?
Leisure Pass fares
All travel must be completed by June 30, 2022.NUMBER OF TRIPS:
Six (6) one-way trips per pass.TRAVEL ZONES:
Available for travel in Zones 1 to 5 within the Québec City-Windsor corridor.CLASS OF SERVICE:
Select the Escape fare in Economy class.HOW TO PURCHASE:
Bookings may be made online at viarail.ca or through our mobile apps, by phone, or at a VIA Rail station.HOW TO BOOK ONLINE:
- Log in to your profile or create one This link open a new tab prior to booking.
- Book your one-way or round-trip ticket for travel within the valid period and zone of your rail pass.
- On the "Passengers Information" screen, select Rail pass as the "Discount Type" and enter the 13-digit serial number of your rail pass in the "Serial Number" field.
- Your trip will be repriced, and the applicable number of credits will be deducted from your rail pass, if your trip meets the conditions of your rail pass.
Get a 25% discount if you wish to upgrade to Business class on a trip by trip basis. A travel credit will be deducted when upgrading with your pass.ACCESS TO POPULAR DEPARTURES:
If the Escape fare is sold out on your preferred train, get a 50% discount on the Economy fare. A travel credit will be deducted when upgrading to Economy class with your pass.EXCHANGES:
Travel credits are exchangeable and refundable prior to departure without service charge.HOW TO EXCHANGE AN EXISTING BOOKING:
Login to your profile, access your original booking and then proceed to make the changes for your desired date, train and departure time. Please note that you must still select the appropriate fare family when making changes (either Economy Plus for Economy class Business Pass or Business Plus for Business class Business Pass). You can also cancel online your original booking if you wish. It is recommended that you ensure space in the applicable fare class is available on the desired departure prior to changing your original booking. Any changes or cancellations must be done prior to the departure time of your original booking.
If you have a paper ticket issued by a VIA Rail station, please contact VIA directly at 1 888 VIA-RAIL (1 888 842-7245) or TTY 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired) or go to any VIA station to make the changes directly with a VIA agent. Your ticket must be changed prior to the departure time of your original booking.REFUNDS:
The pass is refundable with a $50 service charge if no credit has been used, the pass is not expired, and no tickets booked have been cancelled after the applicable train's scheduled departure.TRANSFERABILITY:
Not transferable, only valid for travel by the person whose name is on the issued pass.OTHER STANDARD CONDITIONS:
VIA Rail can limit the quantities sold of these passes.
Use of a rail pass when government-issued photo ID does not match the name of the passenger on the ticket or without valid photo ID may result in the immediate cancellation of the Pass.
Remaining or unused credits at the expiration date of a rail pass are not refundable, non-transferable or exchangeable.
The following practices may result in the immediate cancellation of the Pass:
- Duplicate bookings on the same train or on multiple departures for the same date, or failure to cancel an unused booking prior to train departure.
- Illogical bookings, such as departing from two different places when it would be impossible to travel on all legs of such trips.
- Use of a rail pass when government-issued photo ID does not match name of the passenger on the ticket or without valid photo ID.
Rail passes bought before January 21, 2022
If you purchased a Leisure Pass before January 21, 2022, please note that the terms and conditions of your rail pass remain valid.