Beginning of the main content.
Does VIA have a points program for frequent travelers?
VIA Préférence offers the recognition and rewards you want and deserve – and there are no registration fees. So if you're a resident of Canada or the United States join now and start earning points towards free train travel.
How can I check my VIA Préférence points balance?
To check your points balance, log in to the the VIA Préférence web site or call our service centre (toll-free) at 1 888 VIA-PREF (842-7733).
How do I redeem my VIA Préférence points?
Redeeming your points is easy and convenient. Here's how:
- Members can call our Service Centre toll-free at 1 888 VIA PREF (1 888 842-7733). The Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (ET)
- For reward travels in the Corridor, you can redeem your points online at viarail.ca after logging in to your ReserVIA profile
- Changes to your redemption ticket must be made by telephone at the VIA Préférence Service Centre and not through a VIA Rail ticket or travel agent.
- Pick up your tickets at any VIA Rail station at least one hour before train departure time.
How can I contact VIA Préférence?
- you want to redeem your VIA Préférence points
- you have questions on the VIA Préférence program
- you did not receive your VIA Préférence card
- you wish to change the postal or e-mail address
- you changed your name or your address
- you have lost your membership card
- you do not know or do not remember your number
Can I redeem my AIR MILES to obtain train tickets?
AIR MILES collectors can redeem their AIR MILES points for eVouchers worth $100 and then use them to purchase any VIA ticket or product to travel system-wide, just like cash! No conditions to meet (other than our normal fare conditions if you want to purchase discounted tickets with your gift card).
To redeem your AIR MILES points for VIA gift cards, please call AIR MILES toll-free number: 1 888 247-6453