About VIA Rail
Beginning of the main content.
Personal Information Requests
Submit a Personal Information Request or a Personal Information Correction Request
To submit a personal information request or a personal information correction request, you may fill out either of these forms:
You can also submit a letter stating the following:
- that request is made under the Privacy Act (“PA”);
- a detailed and specific description of the information being sought;
- your personal details (name, street, address, city or town, province or territory, postal code, telephone number and e-mail address);
- the date of your request;
- a statement confirming that you are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual or corporation in Canada;
- your signature.
There is no application fee for a request made under the PA.
Transmission of the Request
The filled out form or letter can then be sent to the following address:
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
VIA Rail Canada Inc.
3 Place Ville Marie, Suite 500
According to the PA, VIA Rail Canada must acknowledge a request within 30 calendar days of its reception. However, in special cases, the organization may need more time to process your request and will then provide you with an extension notice.
Please note that you can consult your travel history and obtain other relevant information such as your transactions summary (e.g. for tax purposes) by logging in to your online VIA traveler profile.
For any questions related to privacy, do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail address: ATIP@viarail.ca.