Beginning of the main content.
Access to Information Requests
To submit an access to information request, you may fill out the Access to Information Request Form or write a letter stating the following:
- that request is made under the Access to Information Act (“ATIA”);
- a detailed and specific description of the information being sought;
- your personal details (name, street, address, city or town, province or territory, postal code, telephone number and e-mail address);
- the date of your request;
- a statement confirming that you are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or an individual or corporation in Canada;
- your signature.
A check or money order in the amount of $5.00 made payable to VIA Rail Canada must be enclosed with each request in order to pay the application fee.
Transmission of the Request
The filled out form or letter, along with the check or money order, can then be sent to the following address:Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator VIA Rail Canada Inc.
3 Place Ville Marie, Suite 500
According to the ATIA, VIA Rail Canada must acknowledge a request within 30 calendar days of its reception. However, in special cases, the organization may need more time to process your request and will then provide you with an extension notice.
For any questions related to access to information, do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail address: ATIP@viarail.ca.