Media and Travel Requests
News Media: If you would like to film on our property, we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Note that many of the stations from which we operate are not owned by VIA Rail, in which case, permission to film must be sought from the property owner. Note that regardless of the train station owner, VIA Rail’s safety rules must still be followed when filming.
History and culture. Architecture and design. Gastronomy and festivals. Luxury and simple pleasures.
Want to understand the cultural diversity and creative expression that defines Canada's identity? Then a visit to Toronto and Montréal, two of its most cosmopolitan cities, is a must.
Toronto: Canada's largest city
Skyscrapers and mountain peaks. Center ice and glacial lakes. Big stars… and big sky prairies.
Book an iconic train journey between two of Canada’s most cosmopolitan cities, and take in three days of shining lakes, vast forests, sweeping prairies, soaring mountains and ocean shores.
Cathedrals and lighthouses. Caleche rides and tall ships. Cuisine du terroir and down-home cooking.
Contrast Montréal’s European flair with Halifax’s renowned maritime warmth with a trip by train on the Ocean!
Montréal: the Paris of North America
Polar bears and belugas. Northern Lights and midnight sun. Limitless prairies and rugged tundra.
Curious about Canada’s vast unspoiled wilderness? Pack your warmest clothes for a jaunt to the Great White North!
Winnipeg: Gateway to the west
- April 24th, 2017 LOOK, LISTEN, LIVE: VIA RAIL IS ON BOARD FOR RAIL SAFETY WEEK
- April 4th, 2017 VIA RAIL MARKS 100th ANNIVERSARY OF BATTLE OF VIMY RIDGE
- March 30th, 2017 MORE THAN 4,000 YOUTH WILL DISCOVER CANADA IN JULY ON BOARD VIA RAIL
- March 30th, 2017 VIA Rail responds to incredible demand for Canada 150 youth passes
- March 21st, 2017 VIA RAIL POPULAR WITH STUDENTS OVER MARCH BREAK