History and culture. Architecture and design. Gastronomy and festivals. Luxury and simple pleasures.
Want to understand the cultural diversity and creative expression that defines Canada's identity? Then a visit to Toronto and Montréal, two of its most cosmopolitan cities, is a must.
Toronto: Canada's largest city
Skyscrapers and mountain peaks. Center ice and glacial lakes. Big stars… and big sky prairies.
Book an iconic train journey between two of Canada’s most cosmopolitan cities, and take in three days of shining lakes, vast forests, sweeping prairies, soaring mountains and ocean shores.
Cathedrals and lighthouses. Caleche rides and tall ships. Cuisine du terroir and down-home cooking.
Contrast Montréal’s European flair with Halifax’s renowned maritime warmth with a trip by train on the Ocean!
Montréal: the Paris of North America
Polar bears and belugas. Northern Lights and midnight sun. Limitless prairies and rugged tundra.
Curious about Canada’s vast unspoiled wilderness? Pack your warmest clothes for a jaunt to the Great White North!
Winnipeg: Gateway to the west
- April 8th, 2015 VIA Rail resumes Train Services between Toronto and Winnipeg
- March 10th, 2015 New VIA Rail Canada services between Québec City and Windsor
- February 20th, 2015 VIA Rail to Resume Service Between Toronto and Winnipeg
- February 18th, 2015 Train service between Halifax and Moncton is cancelled today
- February 17th, 2015 Update on VIA Rail service between Toronto and Winnipeg
- February 17th, 2015 4.6% More Passengers on VIA Rail’s Trains over the Family Day Long Weekend