History and culture. Architecture and design. Gastronomy and festivals. Luxury and simple pleasures.
Want to understand the cultural diversity and creative expression that defines Canada's identity? Then a visit to Toronto and Montréal, two of its most cosmopolitan cities, is a must.
Toronto: Canada's largest city
Skyscrapers and mountain peaks. Center ice and glacial lakes. Big stars… and big sky prairies.
Book an iconic train journey between two of Canada’s most cosmopolitan cities, and take in three days of shining lakes, vast forests, sweeping prairies, soaring mountains and ocean shores.
Cathedrals and lighthouses. Caleche rides and tall ships. Cuisine du terroir and down-home cooking.
Contrast Montréal’s European flair with Halifax’s renowned maritime warmth with a trip by train on the Ocean!
Montréal: the Paris of North America
Polar bears and belugas. Northern Lights and midnight sun. Limitless prairies and rugged tundra.
Curious about Canada’s vast unspoiled wilderness? Pack your warmest clothes for a jaunt to the Great White North!
Winnipeg: Gateway to the west
- January 17th, 2015 VIA cancels train 692 travelling from Churchill to Winnipeg
- December 22nd, 2014 CAA and VIA Rail Canada Partner to Help Make Travelling More Rewarding
- December 17th, 2014 VIA Rail Canada sets foot in China
- November 24th, 2014 VIA RAIL: A SENSIBLE CHOICE FOR TRAVEL THIS WINTER
- November 14th, 2014 24 more reasons to ride VIA Rail’s Ocean train during the holidays