Media and Travel Requests
News Media: If you would like to film on our property, we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Note that many of the stations from which we operate are not owned by VIA Rail, in which case, permission to film must be sought from the property owner. Note that regardless of the train station owner, VIA Rail’s safety rules must still be followed when filming.
History and culture. Architecture and design. Gastronomy and festivals. Luxury and simple pleasures.
Want to understand the cultural diversity and creative expression that defines Canada's identity? Then a visit to Toronto and Montréal, two of its most cosmopolitan cities, is a must.
Toronto: Canada's largest city
Skyscrapers and mountain peaks. Center ice and glacial lakes. Big stars… and big sky prairies.
Book an iconic train journey between two of Canada’s most cosmopolitan cities, and take in three days of shining lakes, vast forests, sweeping prairies, soaring mountains and ocean shores.
Cathedrals and lighthouses. Caleche rides and tall ships. Cuisine du terroir and down-home cooking.
Contrast Montréal’s European flair with Halifax’s renowned maritime warmth with a trip by train on the Ocean!
Montréal: the Paris of North America
Polar bears and belugas. Northern Lights and midnight sun. Limitless prairies and rugged tundra.
Curious about Canada’s vast unspoiled wilderness? Pack your warmest clothes for a jaunt to the Great White North!
Winnipeg: Gateway to the west
- November 30th, 2016 CONTINUED GROWTH AS VIA RAIL RELEASES THIRD QUARTER RESULTS
- November 24th, 2016 ALL ABOARD VIA RAIL'S MINI TRAIN AT THE GRAND MARCHÉ DE NOËL DE MONTRÉAL!
- November 24th, 2016 VIA RAIL’S BLACK FRIDAY SALE: SAVE AND TRAVEL IN COMFORT
- November 8th, 2016 PRESIDENT OF VIA RAIL RECEIVES QUÉBEC GENERAL COUNSEL AWARD FROM ZSA
- November 4th, 2016 VIA RAIL HONOURS THE MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES
- October 31st, 2016 VIA RAIL’S CANADIAN IS ONE OF DISCOVERY CHANNEL’S MIGHTY TRAINS
- September 20th, 2016 NORTHERN QUÉBEC - VIA RAIL CANCELS TRAINS #601, #603, #600 AND #604