Media and Travel Requests
News Media: If you would like to film on our property, we will make every effort to accommodate your request. Note that many of the stations from which we operate are not owned by VIA Rail, in which case, permission to film must be sought from the property owner. Note that regardless of the train station owner, VIA Rail’s safety rules must still be followed when filming.
History and culture. Architecture and design. Gastronomy and festivals. Luxury and simple pleasures.
Want to understand the cultural diversity and creative expression that defines Canada's identity? Then a visit to Toronto and Montréal, two of its most cosmopolitan cities, is a must.
Toronto: Canada's largest city
Skyscrapers and mountain peaks. Center ice and glacial lakes. Big stars… and big sky prairies.
Book an iconic train journey between two of Canada’s most cosmopolitan cities, and take in three days of shining lakes, vast forests, sweeping prairies, soaring mountains and ocean shores.
Cathedrals and lighthouses. Caleche rides and tall ships. Cuisine du terroir and down-home cooking.
Contrast Montréal’s European flair with Halifax’s renowned maritime warmth with a trip by train on the Ocean!
Montréal: the Paris of North America
Polar bears and belugas. Northern Lights and midnight sun. Limitless prairies and rugged tundra.
Curious about Canada’s vast unspoiled wilderness? Pack your warmest clothes for a jaunt to the Great White North!
Winnipeg: Gateway to the west
- September 20th, 2016 NORTHERN QUÉBEC - VIA RAIL CANCELS TRAINS #601, #603, #600 AND #604
- September 14th, 2016 VIA RAIL PRESIDENT HONOURED BY WOMEN AND BOARDS
- September 8th, 2016 A RECORD-BREAKING SUMMER FOR VIA RAIL
- August 31st, 2016 MORE CANADIANS CHOOSING THE SMARTER WAY TO TRAVEL BY TAKING VIA RAIL
- August 24th, 2016 GARE DU PALAIS: VIA RAIL CELEBRATES 100 YEARS
- August 3rd, 2016 VIA RAIL CANADA’S TRAINS ALMOST SOLD OUT OVER THE LONG WEEKEND
- July 22nd, 2016 MAJOR DELAYS FOR VIA RAIL TRAINS FOLLOWING FREIGHT DERAILMENT
- July 16th, 2016 Winnipeg-Churchill service back to regular schedule
- July 14th, 2016 VIA RAIL SERVICES BETWEEN WINNIPEG AND CHURCHILL STILL IMPACTED