Youth Summer Pass
Get your travel on
Get your Youth Summer Pass, then book your trip:Buy this pass (This link opens a window) Book a ticket with my pass (This link opens a window)
Youth Summer Pass
Who is it for?
Avid travellers ages 12 to 25.
Why is it right for me?
With this pass, get the most out of summer by changing cities as often as your want.
Where can I go?
Anywhere in Canada.
Which class and fare can I book?
This pass is valid for Economy class travel only. Choose the Escape fare when you book online.
When can I use it?
Travel for 60 consecutive days between May 15 and August 31, 2017.
Youth Summer Pass fare
Youth Summer Pass ‒ System Escape
Travel whenever you want
Unlimited travel throughout the VIA network―for bookings in Escape fare (subject to seat availability).
Available to travellers 12-25 years old (or 26+ with ISIC). Limited quantity. Youth summer pass is on sale until August 15, 2017 inclusive.
- The Summer Pass for youth allows for an unlimited number of trips across Canada.
CLASS OF SERVICE:
- Valid for travel in Economy class, with bookings only using the Escape fare.
- Corridor and System Summer Passes for youth are valid for 60 consecutive days from the first date of travel. At the time of purchase of the Youth Summer Pass, the first date of travel (which triggers the validity period of the pass) must be selected. The departure date of the first trip must be on or after May 15, 2017. The departure date of the last trip must be on or before Aug 31, 2017.
EXCHANGES & REFUNDS (THE YOUTH SUMMER PASS):
The Youth Summer Pass is refundable and exchangeable, less a $50 service fee (plus applicable taxes), provided that:
- The pass has not expired.
- No trips have been made using the pass.
- No tickets booked with the pass have been cancelled after the scheduled departure of the train. Once a trip has been made, or a ticket using the Youth Summer Pass has been cancelled after the train’s scheduled departure, the pass becomes completely non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Tickets booked using a Youth Summer Pass may be cancelled at any time prior to the scheduled departure of the train.
EXCHANGES & REFUNDS (CREDITS REDEMPTION OF THE YOUTH SUMMER PASS):
Tickets issued using a Youth Summer Pass can be exchanged without penalty subject to the following conditions:
- For travel on the same date but on board a different train, tickets must be exchanged prior to the scheduled departure time of the original train booked and the new ticket must also be booked in the applicable booking fare and class
- For travel using a Youth Summer Pass on a different date than the original booking, the new ticket must also be booked in the applicable booking fare and class.
- Please note that your initial booking must be cancelled prior to the departure time of the original train.
Youth Summer Pass credits are strictly non-transferable and are only valid for travel solely by the person in whose name the pass has been issued.
Verification is automated and the first and last names of the travelling passenger must match both the first and last names provided at the time of the purchase of the Youth Summer Pass.
At time of purchase and when using your Youth Summer Pass, valid government-issued proof of age identification with photo for those 12 to 25 years old is required and must be presented to VIA personnel upon request. A valid ISIC card will be accepted for those aged 26 years and older.
Validity of the Youth Summer Pass is automatically tracked. No voucher or other document is required for exchange at time of ticket issuance or booking.
Youth Summer Pass credits cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Upgrades to other classes of service are not permitted.
Other conditions may apply.
DUPLICATE, ILLOGICAL OR UNAUTHORIZED BOOKINGS:
The following practices may result in the immediate cancellation of a Youth Summer Pass, with no refund: Duplicate bookings on the same train or on multiple departures for the same date. Illogical bookings, such as departing from two different places when it would be impossible to travel all legs of such trips or failure to cancel an unused booking prior to train departure. Use of a Youth Summer Pass when government-issued photo identification does not match both the first and last names of the passenger on the ticket.
HOW TO BOOK ONLINE:
Log in to your profile or create one at viarail.ca prior to booking.
Book your one-way or round-trip ticket for travel within the valid period of your Youth Summer Pass and for the “Youth” passenger type.
On the “Passenger's Information” screen, select “Rail pass” as the “Discount Type” and enter the 13-digit serial number of your Corridor or System Summer Pass in the “Serial Number” field. If your trip meets the conditions of your Corridor or System Summer Pass, your trip will be re-priced at $0.00
HOW TO CHANGE AN EXISTING BOOKING:
Log in to your profile, access your original booking and then proceed to make the changes for your desired date, train and departure time. You can also cancel your original booking online if you wish. We recommend that you ensure space in Escape class is available on the desired departure prior to changing your original booking. Any changes or cancellations must be done prior to the departure time of your original booking. If you have a paper ticket issued by a VIA Rail station, please contact VIA directly at 1 888 VIA-RAIL (1 888 842-7245) or TTY 1 800 268-9503 (hearing impaired) or go to any VIA station to make the changes directly with a VIA agent. Your ticket must be changed prior to the departure time of your original booking.
Advantages and perks
Browse, post and share all you want!
Stay plugged in
Need to keep that computer or phone going? No worries, we’ve got them covered.
Track your trip
Get instant access to your train status, boarding pass and schedule with the VIA Rail mobile app. Talk about practical!
We’re upping your baggage limit. Until September 20, you’ll have the right to 2 bags (18 kg or 40 lb. each).
Get your Youth Summer Pass, then book your trip:Buy this pass (This link opens a window)Book a ticket with my pass (This link opens a window)