Take your bike on board.
Whether you’re a Sunday biker or a professional cyclist, taking your bike on board with VIA Rail allows you to discover all the culture, history and authenticity of Canada’s cities with a whole new slant. It’s simple: just sit back in one of our comfortable seats, and we’ll take care of getting your bike to your destination.
There is a $25 fee per direction, before taxes, for transporting your bike on a VIA Rail train. Fee payable upon check-in at the baggage counter (or at departure gate if baggage counter is closed).
Schedules of trains equipped with bike racks
Note: for the transportation of your bike on board a train other than those listed below, your bike will have to be dismantled and boxed or bagged. Maximum of 12 bikes can be accommodated on board trains equipped with racks.
|63||Montréal - Kingston - Toronto|
|64||Toronto - Kingston - Montréal|
|70||Windsor - London - Toronto||Mon. Tues. Wed. Thurs. & Fri.|
|75||Toronto - London - Windsor||Mon. Tues. Wed. Thurs. & Sun.|
|80||London - Toronto||Sat. and Sun.|
|81||Toronto - London||Fri. and Sat.|
|600||Jonquière - Montréal|
|602||Jonquière - Montréal|
|601||Montréal - Jonquière|
|603||Montréal - La Tuque - Senneterre|
|604||Senneterre - La Tuque - Montréal|
|606||Senneterre - La Tuque - Montréal|
Note: The Jasper - Prince Rupert, Winnipeg - Churchill, the Ocean and the Canadian routes continue to offer the option to transport bikes as they are equiped with a baggage car.
Check-in Time and Location
Please arrive approximately 1 hour prior to departure at station. Passengers with bikes arriving less than 30 minutes prior to departure are not guaranteed to be accommodated.
Check your bicycle at the following location:
- Toronto : Look for the departure track number and wait in the pre-boarding area near the departure gate until the VIA Rail agent advises you to proceed to the elevator with your bike (bikes are not allowed on escalators). Once at track level, baggage handlers will check and load your bike into the baggage car with bike racks.
- Montréal: Check your bicycle at the baggage counter. Baggage handlers will take your bicycle to the train and load it into the baggage car with bike racks.
- Jonquière and Senneterre: Check your bicycle at the departure gate. Baggage handlers will take your bicycle to the train and load it into the baggage car with bike racks.
Note: For its protection, please do not leave any equipment attached to your bike while it is in the bike rack. Bicycle bags must be checked separately.
Retrieving your bicycle
Upon arrival at the station (or at an intermediate station), disembark and go to the baggage car. Baggage handlers will unload your bike and return it to you while on the platform.
- Toronto: Upon arrival at Toronto Union Station (or at an intermediate station), disembark and go to the baggage car. Baggage handlers will unload your bike and return it to you while on the platform. In Toronto Union Station, take the elevator to the Great Hall with your bike (bikes are not allowed on escalators).
- Montréal: Upon arrival at Montréal Central Station, baggage handlers will take your bike from the train to the baggage room. Retrieve your bicycle at the baggage counter in the station.